Ukrainian Journalist Beaten Outside Kiev
Prominent Ukrainian journalist and pro-EU activist Tetyana Chornovol was brutally beaten outside Kiev just after midnight on December 25.
The incident occurred near the village of Gora, which is located between the capital Kiev and Boryspol, Ukrainian authorities reported.
According to police, Chornovol was driving home to the village of Gora when around 1.30 a.m. her car was blocked by another vehicle with unknown men inside. After she stopped the car, the men dragged Chornovol out and savagely beat her. After that, they left her in the car and pushed it into a roadside ditch.
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych’s press service released a statement on Wednesday, saying that the president condemned this act of violence and ordered that all measures be taken to investigate the attack on the journalist.
Chornovol is an active participant of the EuroMaidan pro-European protests. She has spoken from the stage on Independence Square in Kiev, the center of the demonstrations, multiple times and is a member of the EuroMaidan council.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir