Mikhail Kalashnikov, Inventor of AK-47, Dies
Mikhail Kalashnikov, the inventor of the AK-47 assault rifle, has died at the age of 94.
Kalashnikov was admitted to hospital with internal bleeding on November 17.
He died on Monday in Izhevsk, Udmurtia, where he lived, according to reports of the BBC News.
Mikhail Kalashnikov was born on 10 November 1919 in in the village of Kurya, Altai Territory.
He designed the AK-47 assault rifle in 1947.
The Russian assault rifle is currently used by the armies of over 100 countries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 585 of the Invasion of Ukraine: 19 Countries, including Bulgaria, in the Ukrainian Alliance of Defense Industries
- » Turkey: Suicide Bombing in Ankara
- » Former Prime Minister Fico Wins the Elections in Slovakia
- » The US Government avoided the Threat of a Shutdown
- » The European Commission is Skeptical about the Schengen Compensation requested by Romania
- » Day 584 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin greeted the residents of the Occupied Regions