Mikhail Kalashnikov, Inventor of AK-47, Dies
Mikhail Kalashnikov, the inventor of the AK-47 assault rifle, has died at the age of 94.
Kalashnikov was admitted to hospital with internal bleeding on November 17.
He died on Monday in Izhevsk, Udmurtia, where he lived, according to reports of the BBC News.
Mikhail Kalashnikov was born on 10 November 1919 in in the village of Kurya, Altai Territory.
He designed the AK-47 assault rifle in 1947.
The Russian assault rifle is currently used by the armies of over 100 countries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 220 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West Reacts to Putin’s Speech and his Nuclear Threats
- » China's Yuan sinks to record Low against Dollar ahead of key National Congress
- » 19 Killed in Anti-Government Protests in Iran
- » US: Death Toll reaches 21 in Florida as Hurricane Ian hits South Carolina
- » Kyiv's response to Putin: Ukraine quickly Enters NATO
- » Putin: Russia now has Four New Territories, We are ready for Negotiations with Ukraine