Gunmen Attack Iraqi TV HQ, Killing Five
Militants attacked a local television station headquarters Monday in Tikrit, north of Baghdad, killing two journalists.
Before the gunmen stormed into the HQ of Salaheddin TV and the local offices of al Iraqiya state TV, a car bomb exploded outside the building, according to reports of the CNN.
A suicide bomber blew himself up inside Salaheddin TV, killing five employees, including a female anchor and the head of Salaheddin TV's news department, according to reports of local police. At least two of the attackers wore explosive vests.
Security forces launched a counter-attack and regained control of the building.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 581 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia blamed the US for the Nord Stream Explosion
- » Trump has been accused of Fraud on his way to the Top
- » At least 100 Killed, 150 injured as Fire broke out at a Wedding in Iraq
- » Roberta Metsola on Bulgaria’s Schengen membership: Expect a Positive Decision
- » UN Head warned of the Start of a New Nuclear Arms Race, calling it "Complete Madness”
- » The Dead after the Explosion in a Fuel Warehouse in Nagorno-Karabakh are 125 people