Gunmen Attack Iraqi TV HQ, Killing Five
Militants attacked a local television station headquarters Monday in Tikrit, north of Baghdad, killing two journalists.
Before the gunmen stormed into the HQ of Salaheddin TV and the local offices of al Iraqiya state TV, a car bomb exploded outside the building, according to reports of the CNN.
A suicide bomber blew himself up inside Salaheddin TV, killing five employees, including a female anchor and the head of Salaheddin TV's news department, according to reports of local police. At least two of the attackers wore explosive vests.
Security forces launched a counter-attack and regained control of the building.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 576 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit the HQ of Russia's Black Sea Fleet in Crimea
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China
- » Protests in Armenia after the Peace Agreement in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Mine Blew Up a Ship off the Coast of Romania?
- » Derna: Maddened by Grief and Anger, Libyans Burned Down the Mayor's home