Thracian Gold Returns to Sofia's History Museum
Sofia's National History Museum, NIM will showcase the Thracian gold treasures in its exhibition "Legends Come to Life".
Until recently, the Thracian gold was being exhibited at the State History Museum in Moscow.
The golden ornaments and household items tell a lot about the culture of the ancient Thracians.
The exhibition can be viewed starting December 22, with the first two days being free of charge. After several months, the gold will leave Bulgaria once again, to be showcased abroad.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Archaeological Excavations of a Medieval Monastery in Ahtopol
- » Bulgarians and Brits Save Remains of a Roman Fortress after Raids from Treasure-Hunters
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Unearth Unique City of Dead at Perpericon
- » Historical Discovery: America was Reached by Humans 7,000 years ago
- » First Farmers of Europe Found in the Balkans Date to 5th Millennium BC
- » New Archeological Findings at Bulgaria’s Perperikon