Thracian Gold Returns to Sofia's History Museum
Sofia's National History Museum, NIM will showcase the Thracian gold treasures in its exhibition "Legends Come to Life".
Until recently, the Thracian gold was being exhibited at the State History Museum in Moscow.
The golden ornaments and household items tell a lot about the culture of the ancient Thracians.
The exhibition can be viewed starting December 22, with the first two days being free of charge. After several months, the gold will leave Bulgaria once again, to be showcased abroad.
- » The Great Basilica of Plovdiv was Built on an Older Temple
- » Archeologists Find Remains of Roman-era Temple in Egypt
- » BGN 100,000 were Granted for the Continuation of the Archaeological Excavations of Heraclea Sintica
- » This 3,000-Year-Old Horse Got a Human-Style Burial
- » Archaeologists Find the Biggest Ancient Child Sacrifice
- » 13-year-old Boy Unearths Lost Treasure of 10th Century Danish King