Giant Mandela Statue Unveiled in Pretoria
A giant 9-meter high statue of Nelson Mandela was unveiled on Monday in the South African capital Pretoria.
The bronze statue was erected by the Union Buildings, the country's government complex, reports Euronews.
The date of the statue's unveiling is symbolic as it is Reconciliation Day in South Africa, a memorable date to honor the country's most prominent freedom fighter, Nelson Mandela.
Mandela, who passed away on December 5 at the age of 95, was buried in his birth village Qunu on Sunday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 219 of the Invasion of Ukraine: "Treaty" and a Concert in Moscow, Putin begins the Annexation of Occupied Regions
- » 19 People Dead after Blast at Educational Centre in Kabul
- » Tomorrow Putin will Sign the Annexation Agreements of One Fifth of Ukraine
- » Taliban sign deal for Russian Oil, Gas and Wheat at Discounted Rate
- » Day 218 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Half of the Nord Stream Gas Leaked into the Baltic Sea
- » EU might Stop Membership Talks with Serbia