Moderate Clashes between Anti-Govt Protesters, Police in Sofia
Anti-government protesters tried to tear out the railings in front of the Parliament building in Sofia, which resulted in clashes with police.
Some of the demonstrators got hit by truncheons as tensions escalated.
Protesters started throwing burning flares at the Parliament building and kicking at the metal railings.
Thousands of people gathered in Sofia on Saturday evening to demand the resignation of the socialist-led government.
Slightly after 7pm, the protesters headed on a torch march to the Parliament building.
Saturday marks the 6-month anniversary since the start of protests against the Oresharski cabinet.
Traffic along the Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd in Sofia has been blocked.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Doctor from Yambol Re-Infected with Coronavirus
- » Study: Over 80% of COVID-19 Patients Suffer Vtamin D Deficiency
- » WHO: Alarming Increase in COVID-19 Cases and Deaths Аcross Europe
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Anti-Record of 2569 Registered Cases, 145 in Intensive Care
- » Bulgarian Scientist: There Is Some Existing Immunity to the Coronavirus, Masks Decrease Risk with 90%
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Another Two Regions in the "Red Zone"