Bulgaria's Ludogorets Finish Europa Group Undefeated
Bulgaria's champions Ludogorets Razgrad defeated Dinamo Zagreb 2:1 in the final group game of the Europa League.
The game in Zagreb was practically irrelevant for both sides, since Ludogorets had assured themselves the 1st spot, while Dinamo would remain last regardless of the score.
The Bulgarians looked the stronger side throughout most of the match, despite playing with several of their reserve players.
Dani Abalo put the Razgrad team ahead in the 27th minute, after a slick pass from Marcelinho. Duje Cop equalized for the Croatians after a corner kick in the last minute of the first half.
Both sides considerably dropped the tempo during the second half, but a masterfully constructed attack by Ludogorets in the 72nd minute, led to the winning goal by Slovenian striker Roman Bezjak.
With 5 wins and 1 draw, and only 2 conceded goals, Ludogorets became the 2nd best team in all of the groups, only behind Red Bull Salzburg, who topped their group with 6 wins.
This is the best ever performance by a Bulgarian team in the group stage of a European competition.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria
- » Five things you need to know before playing free casino games online