Bulgaria Celebrates 20 Years in Francophonie
Bulgaria celebrated the 20th anniversary of its accession to the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) in the capital city Sofia.
The celebration was organized by the French Embassy in Bulgaria and completed a year-round series of events and initiatives devoted to French culture and education organized by the French Institute in Bulgaria.
Bulgaria joined the Francophone community, first as an associate member in 1991, and then as full member in 1993.
Bulgaria is actively involved in the functioning of Francophone institutions. A Francophone Institute of Administration and Management (IFAG), and a language center, which opened in Sofia in 1995 were both established at the initiative of the Bulgarian country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians honor All Souls' Day
- » Today Bulgarians honor Hristo Botev and the Heroes who Died for Freedom - Sirens to be Sound at Noon
- » Bulgarian author and “Booker” winner Georgi Gospodinov will be a guest at the Sofia Book Fair
- » Bulgarians Celebrate May 24 - Day of the Bulgarian Alphabet, Literature and Culture
- » Bulgarian Author Georgi Gospodinov Won the "Booker" Prize for "Time Shelter”
- » Bulgaria: Over 100 Publishing Houses will Participate in the Spring Book Fair in Sofia