Bulgaria's Parliament Decides on Easing Smoking Ban
Тhe Bulgarian Parliament is expected to put to the vote on Thursday the proposal for amendments to the full smoking ban.
Ruling Socialist-party (BSP) MPs who have drafted the amendments to the Health Act, hope they will be passed by the end of the year.
Even within the ranks of the BSP, there are different opinions on the topic, and MPs are likely to vote according to their internal preferences. The same will apply for the coalition partner Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
The opposition GERB party are expected to vote against the amendments.
The Parliamentary Health Committee is against the amendments, however, the Economic Committee backs easing the full smoking ban.
The full smoking ban was introduced in June 2012 by the GERB government of former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 52 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: GPs will no longer disclose their Mobile Phones
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 66 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 60 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 77 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 113 New Cases in the Last 24 hours