BEH Head to Lead Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog
Boyan Boev is the new chairman of Bulgaria's energy watchdog, the Minister of Economy and Energy, Dragomir Stoynev, announced.
He will complete the term of Angela Toneva, who resigned Tuesday evening.
Earlier Wednesday, Bulgaria's State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR) confirmed its head Angela Toneva has resigned, citing stress.
She is expected to become adviser to Prime Minister Oresharski, the online "Dnevnik" news agency reports Wednesday, citing own sources. The government's press service told the agency that they still did not have such information.
Lilyana Mladenova will take the place of Mihail Dimitrov, member of the DKEVR board, who has also resigned.
"Last night I learned that Angela Toneva and Mihail Dimitrov have resigned. As I understand, the reasons are personal. Tensions in the watchdog are huge, but they are huge in the entire energy sector, because the system is completely unbalanced. In the energy sector there should be no sudden actions, each step must be thought out," said Stoynev. "
Until now, Boev was CEO of the Bulgarian Energy Holding (BEH).
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov and Russian PM Medvedev Discuss Energy Topics in Brussels
- » Additional BGN 40 milion will be Allocated to Help Bulgarians with Energy Bills
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: Maritsa Iztok-2 TPP will Get Money to Pay Carbon Emission Quota
- » Azerbaijan to Deliver 1/3 of Bulgaria’s Gas Demand
- » Fuel at Gas Stations in Bulgaria and EU with New Labels
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Energy will Prepare National Position on Summertime Arrangements