Ukrainian Govt Denies Joining Russia's Customs Union
Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov has firmly denied his country was preparing documents for joining the Customs Union led by Russia.
Azarov, cited by the Focus news agency, has stated that he wanted to immediately stop and prevent further speculations that Ukraine was negotiating with Russia and was preparing the accession documentation, adding he assumed full responsibility for his words.
Speaking Wednesday during a meeting of his government, the PM explained that many documents are being prepared for the upcoming bilateral talks with Russia later this month, but the Customs Union ones were not among them.
The decision of the Ukrainian government to withdraw from a free-trade deal with the EU last month sparked huge street rallies. Demonstrations are continuing in the capital Kiev amidst strong clashes with riot police Berkut.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poland and the Czech Republic introduce Checks on the Slovak Border
- » The European Commission expects Harmful Emissions in the EU to be Reduced by at least 90% by 2040
- » Day 587 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Prigozhin’s Son takes control of Wagner
- » Tensions between India and Canada: New Delhi Expelled 41 Canadian Diplomats
- » The EC received Bulgaria's revised Recovery and Sustainability Plan on September 30
- » Day 586 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The EU is convening a Historic Meeting of All Foreign Ministers in Kyiv