Ukrainian Govt Denies Joining Russia's Customs Union
Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov has firmly denied his country was preparing documents for joining the Customs Union led by Russia.
Azarov, cited by the Focus news agency, has stated that he wanted to immediately stop and prevent further speculations that Ukraine was negotiating with Russia and was preparing the accession documentation, adding he assumed full responsibility for his words.
Speaking Wednesday during a meeting of his government, the PM explained that many documents are being prepared for the upcoming bilateral talks with Russia later this month, but the Customs Union ones were not among them.
The decision of the Ukrainian government to withdraw from a free-trade deal with the EU last month sparked huge street rallies. Demonstrations are continuing in the capital Kiev amidst strong clashes with riot police Berkut.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Indian Parliament passes landmark Women’s reservation Bill
- » Bulgaria and Romania expect to be in Schengen by the end of the year
- » Day 577 of the Invasion of Ukraine: New Attack on Sevastopol
- » Day 576 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit the HQ of Russia's Black Sea Fleet in Crimea
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China