Nelson Mandela Memorial Ceremony Opens with Interfaith Prayer
The memorial ceremony for the death of former South African President Nelson Mandela has begun with an interfaith prayer.
Leaders of the main religious denominations read out prayers for the late Nelson Mandela, and spoke of his legacy.
The Jewish, Hindu, Islamic, and Christian leaders united around the message of Mandela for peace and tolerance among races, faiths, and ethnicities.
The ceremony, taking place at the FNB Stadium in Soweto, Johannesburg, has brought together leaders of over 100 countries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Grim Discovery: Over 1,000 Unmarked Graves Found Along EU Migrant Routes
- » Kremlin: No Peace Talks on Kyiv's Terms!
- » Day 653 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Aid to the Country has Fallen to its Lowest Level since the Start of the War
- » Genetic Study Reveals Strong Slavic Ancestry in Bulgarians, Romanians, and Croats Across the Balkans
- » US President and Israeli PM Focus on Separating Civilians from Hamas in Conflict Resolution
- » New Charges Against Joe Biden's Son