Another Lenin Statue Toppled in Ukraine
Pro-EU protesters in Ukraine have vandalized another Lenin statue, this time in the southern town of Kotovsk.
Monday evening, unknown individuals have broken the top part of the sculpture and pieces have been found on the ground.
"Only the legs are left standing," town spokeswoman Yelena Khaustova has reported.
The prosecution has started a criminal probe for vandalism.
Hundreds of thousands of people have been protesting in Kiev's Independence Square for over two weeks now against the recent decision of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych and his government to back out of a strategic deal with the EU and seek closer ties with Russia.
- » Three Explosions in Kabul, there are Casualties and Injuries
- » The EU Fined Google with 1.49 Billion Euros
- » Kazakhstan Renames their Capital after Ex-president
- » Greece Has Announced the Exact Route of the New Zealand Striker to the Country
- » EC: The Situation on the Balkan Refugee Route is Stable
- » EC: If Britain has not Left the EU by May, it has to Elect MEPs