Another Lenin Statue Toppled in Ukraine
Pro-EU protesters in Ukraine have vandalized another Lenin statue, this time in the southern town of Kotovsk.
Monday evening, unknown individuals have broken the top part of the sculpture and pieces have been found on the ground.
"Only the legs are left standing," town spokeswoman Yelena Khaustova has reported.
The prosecution has started a criminal probe for vandalism.
Hundreds of thousands of people have been protesting in Kiev's Independence Square for over two weeks now against the recent decision of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych and his government to back out of a strategic deal with the EU and seek closer ties with Russia.
- » Texas to Execute Killer Over 1993 Attack on Newlyweds
- » The European Parliament will Continue its Work Despite the Strasbourg Attack
- » What's Next for NASA's Voyager 2 in Interstellar Space?
- » May Tours Europe in Desperate Bid to Save Brexit Deal
- » UN Seeks $4 bn For Yemen
- » European Socialists Re-elected the Former Bulgarian PM Stanishev as PES President