Bulgarian MEP Dubs Frontex 'Helpless Observer'
Bulgarian MEP Stanimir Ilchev (ALDE) has suggested that Europe needs a new organization tasked with guarding the external borders of the EU.
Speaking Monday at a conference on the importance of the European Parliament elections, Ilchev claimed that Frontex was often just as helpless an observer of migration processes as the police officers deployed at the borders.
He insisted that Frontex had insufficient experience in managing the land borders of the EU.
"Europe does not have a common prosecutor's office or a normal military budget. The currency of the EU is treated as an integration tool, not as currency. This is why liberals back the establishment of a powerful European banking union," Ilchev commented.
He emphasized that the Bulgarians who would be elected MEPs at the elections in the spring of 2014 would have very serious commitments.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov