Turkish Coffee Enters UNESCO's Intangible Cultural Heritage List
Turkish coffee has been included in the in the List of Immaterial Cultural Heritage of UNESCO.
The issue was decided at the UNESCO committee's session in Baku, according to the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA).
Around 800 delegates from 116 countries took part in the sitting, which included discussions on 38 proposals.
The proposal for including Turkish coffee in the List of Immaterial Cultural Heritage was approved by an overwhelming majority.
Prior to Turkish coffee, a number of other assets of Turkey's culture were included in the UNESCO intangible cultural heritage list, including grease wrestling in Kirkpinar, shadow theater Karag?z and Hacivat, etc.
Turkey is also preparing to propose for the inclusion of the art of ebru water surface painting into UNESCO's List of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
- » China with the Lowest Birth Rate since 1949
- » Italian PM Giuseppe Conte: EU May Send Troops to Libya
- » Croatia Has Lost Half a Million Workers in Ten Years
- » The US Senate Has Opened Trump's Impeachment Process
- » The US and China Put an End to the Trade War?
- » More than 10,000 Evacuated due to Bomb Threats in Moscow