Ukraine Rulers Deny Reports of President's Chief of Staff Resignation
Ukraine's ruling Party of Regions has denied information about the resignation of the Head of the Presidential Administration Serhiy Lyovochkin.
The news was reported by the Ukrainian ForUm, citing the chairman of the Party of Regions group at the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament) Oleksandr Yefremov (Aleksandr Yefremov).
Yefremov has informed at a press briefing Monday that since early in the morning, Lyovochkin was at work, performing his duties.
''I ask you to check information before distributing it," he told journalists, according to a ForUm correspondent.
Media speculated then that his decision has been prompted by the violent crushing of the pro-EU rally in Kiev by riot police Friday into Saturday.
- » Milky Way Still Bears the 10-billion-year-old Scars of a Galactic Collision
- » Scalped Dog Gets Second Chance in Volgograd (Video)
- » EU's Jean-Claude Juncker Filmed Stumbling at Nato Event (Video)
- » EU Steps up Humanitarian Aid in Somalia with €89.5 Million
- » Eurostat: EU Population up to Nearly 513 million on 1 January 2018
- » Thailand Cave Rescue: Museum and Film in the Works