Train Derails in New York, Killing 4
A commuter train derailed near New York on Sunday, killing at least four and leaving 63 injured.
At least five cars from a Metro-North train went off the tracks, according to reports of CNN.
The incident happened at around 7.20 am near the near Spuyten Duyvil station in the Bronx.
The train Poughkeepsie at 5.54 am and was due to arrive at 7.43 am at Grand Central Station.
The train came off the tracks just as it was coming around a sharp curve.
The whole train comprised seven cars, plus a diesel locomotive, and five of the cars went off the tracks, according to Metro-North spokesman Aaron Donovan, as cited by Fox News.
The incident left 11 critically injured, six in serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and another 46 sustained minor injuries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The VP of the European Parliament: Bulgaria has done its Homework for Schengen
- » Day 465 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Ready to start its Counteroffensive says Zelensky
- » At least 280 Dead and over 900 Injured in a Crash between Two Trains in India
- » Tragedy in India: At least 50 Dead and hundreds Injured after Train Crash
- » 700 NATO troops have arrived in Northern Kosovo
- » Day 464 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia faces a Dilemma whether to Protect its Border or the Occupied Territories