Aston Villa Interested in Bulgaria’s Ivelin Popov, Player Admits
Bulgaria's national team captain Ivelin Popov admits English side Aston Villa have expressed interest in him.
Popov is currently playing for Russian team Kuban Krasnodar, who are also in the Europa League.
“Interest from Aston Villa? Indeed such information has reached me, but I do not wish to go into details, before things are certain. My agent is moving things forward”, the Bulgarian forward told Dariknews.
Popov added that he feels honored to be among the favorites for the Bulgarian Footballer of the Year award.
The transfer market in Europe opens on January 1, and runs until the end of the month.
Aston Villa have a deep connection with Bulgaria. Former national team captain Stiliyan Petrov spent 7 seasons in the Birmingham team, before retiring due to illness.
Currently, youngster Aleksandar Tonev plays for the Premier League outfit.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria
- » Five things you need to know before playing free casino games online