Sofia Airport Back to Normal after 3 H 'Snow' Closure
Sofia International Airport is getting back to normal operations after all flights were halted for 3 hours Wednesday morning over heavy snow.
The airport was closed at 6 am to clean the runways from the 10-centimeters snow cover.
Snowplows have cleaned the runways 8 times so far and have treated them with chemicals, which brought them back to normal.
Departing and arriving flights are operating now, after the reopening at 9 am, according to the airport's management.
Delays are reported for flights from Vienna, Brussels, Berlin, Paris, Madrid, and Amsterdam. The Bulgaria Air midday flight to Brussels has been canceled.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum opens Today in Burgas
- » Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia