Bulgaria’s Stoichkov to Appear in Italian Court over Fraud
Bulgarian football legend Hristo Stoichkov will appear in front of an Italian court over the case with fraudulent advertisement contracts during his period in Parma.
Stoichkov is among 26 players, agents, and managers who are under investigation for receiving a total of EUR 10 M from club sponsor Parmalat, under false advertisement contracts during the period 1992-2003.
Another former star set to appear in court is the Argentine Juan Sebastian Veron.
The investigation against Parmalat began in early 2012.
Hristo Stoichkov played for Parma during the 1995-1996 season.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia
- » Prosecutor General: The US Settlement with Nexo has Nothing to do with the Bulgarian Investigation