Bulgaria's Manolev Awaits January Transfer
Bulgaria's national team footballer Stanislav Manolev revealed his plans to leave Dutch team PSV Eindhoven during the January transfer window.
Manolev’s contract with PSV, where he’s been since 2009, expires next summer, but the Bulgarian admits he has agreed with the club’s officials to leave in January, if his agent can find him a new team, the player told the Bulgarian National Television.
Last season, the 27-year old played for 6 months on loan in Fulham, together with fellow countryman Dimitar Berbatov, but was unable to leave a significant mark in the Premier League.
Manolev’s performances for the national team during the World Cup qualifications were quite satisfactory, however. He managed to score a memorable goal against Italy, in the 2:2 draw in Sofia.
This prompted several Italian clubs to express their interest in him.
Regarding this Thursday’s Europa League match between Bulgarian champions Ludogorets and PSV Eindhoven, Manolev believes the Razgrad team has reasonable chances to win the match, keeping in mind the recent bad form of their Dutch opponents.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » San Remo Music Festival and Ibrahimovic Crazy Week – Four Trips and 1,162 km travelled
- » Audi FIS Ski World Cup Bansko 2021 Starts Today
- » Tiger Woods Had Surgery after Serious Car Crash
- » Three Top Bulgarian Swimmers Fail Doping Test, Caught Taking Stanozolol
- » Bulgarian Basketball Team Made it For European Championship
- » AO: Daniil Medvedev beats Stefanos Tsitsipas to Face Novak Djokovic