Fulham Manager: Bulgaria's Berbatov Too Quiet for Captaincy
Fulham manager Martin Jol’s confidence in Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov is dropping after the team’s recent bad results.
An evidence for this is the weekend’s match against Swansea, where Scott Parker wore the captain’s armband instead of the Bulgarian.
“Berbatov is not very outspoken, he is very quiet. Scotty Parker is more involved in the dressing room. So I thought it would be good to change captains”, said the Dutch manager, cited by the Daily Mail.
After 4 consecutive defeats in the Premier League, Fulham dropped to 18th position, which is in the relegation zone. Martin Jol is under pressure and could lose his job if the team fails to earn some points in the following matches.
Dimitar Berbatov, who had a strong first season at Craven Cottage, has only scored 1 league goal so far this season. Rumours suggest he may be transferred as early as January.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Nurgyul Salimova and Nadya Toncheva in the Top 10 of Chess Rankings
- » BREAKING: Borislav Mihailov Resigned as President of the Bulgarian Football Union
- » Bulgarian Ex-Minister and Shooting Sports Legend Endorses IOC Neutrality Amid Russia, Belarus Olympic Dilemma
- » How to Develop a Successful Sports Betting Strategy
- » Bulgarian Football Union President Denies Responsibility for the Protest
- » Making History: Bulgarian Chess Players Became European Champions