Former Cinema in Sofia Turns Homeless Shelter
A new shelter for homeless people will open doors in Sofia’s Zaharna Fabrika district on December 1.
The facility is a former cinema center, which has been out of use for a long time. The Sofia Municipality has put aside BGN 80 000 for its reconstruction and maintenance, reports the daily Presa.
The new shelter will have the capacity to accommodate 90 people, and will run until the end of March, thus covering the cold winter months.
On Friday, Social and Labour Minister Hasan Ademov revealed that the total number of homeless people in Bulgaria is 1370.
The country has a total of 13 temporary accommodation centers, with a total capacity of 625 beds. Currently 442 are occupied.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 139 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Cloudy and Rainy Weather in Bulgaria Today
- » The Pack of Dogs that Killed a Woman in Bulgaria have been Put Down
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 135 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Cloudy Weather Today in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: A 3-Year-Old Child died after a Home Boiler Explosion in Ruse