Bulgarian Govt Axes National Police Chief – Report
The Chief of Bulgaria's Main Directorate "National Police," Angel Antonov has been released from the post Friday.
The news was reported by the public television (BNT) Saturday. The order for Antonov's dismissal has been signed by the Minister of Interior in the current, Socialist-endorsed government, Tsvetlin Yovchev, and has already been handed to the former police chief.
Antonov was appointed at the post in June 2012 by Tsvetan Tsvetanov, former Interior Minister in the cabinet of the centrist and now in opposition Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB. Before that he was Chief of Criminal Police.
There is still no official confirmation from Main Directorate "National Police."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend