Bulgarian Govt Axes National Police Chief – Report
The Chief of Bulgaria's Main Directorate "National Police," Angel Antonov has been released from the post Friday.
The news was reported by the public television (BNT) Saturday. The order for Antonov's dismissal has been signed by the Minister of Interior in the current, Socialist-endorsed government, Tsvetlin Yovchev, and has already been handed to the former police chief.
Antonov was appointed at the post in June 2012 by Tsvetan Tsvetanov, former Interior Minister in the cabinet of the centrist and now in opposition Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB. Before that he was Chief of Criminal Police.
There is still no official confirmation from Main Directorate "National Police."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev Starts Consultations over Formation of New Cabinet in Bulgaria
- » Parliament Discusses Dismissal of Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev
- » There is Such a People is Starting Negotiations to Form a Government
- » Iva Miteva from ITN Еlected National Assembly President Оnce Мore
- » Bulgarian President Ready for Consultations and Handing Government-forming Mandate
- » President Radev Awards Madara Horseman Order 1st Degree to Ambassador of the Netherlands to Bulgaria