Bulgaria to Participate in NATO's Resolute Support for Afghanistan
Bulgaria is prepared to participate with up to 110 servicemen in NATO's new Resolute Support mission in Afghanistan, stated Bulgaria's Minister of Defense Angel Naydenov.
The concept of the new mission, which will be oriented towards training and supporting Afghanistan's security institution, was approved by NATO member states over the summer.
"For our participation, we will be needing funds amounting to BGN 18 M per year," said Naydenov after Bulgaria's Council of Ministers approved the country's participation.
The exact details of Bulgaria's part in the mission, which is expected to start early 2015, are yet to be developed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US President to Join Video Conference with NATO Eastern Flank, Bucharest Nine
- » NATO Will Hold Military Drills on Alliances’ Southern Wing, Troops and Vehicles Will Pass through Bulgaria
- » More Details about Espionage Scandal: Group of Top Bulgarian Military Involved in Spying for Russia Detained
- » UK to Boost Nuclear Trident Warheads Arsenal by 40 Percent in Response to China, Russia Threat
- » Bulgaria to Host Several Multinational Military Drills, NATO Members Hone Interoperability
- » Bulgaria: Defense Committee Approves Creation of Cyber Warfare Command