Bulgarian Corruption Scandal Will Echo in Europe, Believes MEP
The money laundering scandal involving an ex-Bulgarian Deputy Parliament Chair will not be bypassed by the European Commission in its next report, believes MEP Antoniya Parvanova.
According to Parvanova, the scandal with Hristo Biserov comes on the back of many more similar ones, which cast a shadow on Bulgaria’s image in Europe.
“Again Bulgaria? Again corruption?”, is what will be echoed in Europe, thinks Parvanova.
She added that tax evasion and fraud are currently central topics on the European Commission’s agenda.
On Friday, former Deputy Parliament Head and Deputy Head of the liberal Movement for Rights and Freedoms, Hristo Biserov, was charged with money laundering and covering up an account at a Swiss bank and failing to declare it before the National Audit Office.
The authorities claim that the former MP had known the money transferred by him had been acquired through criminal activity.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria