EC to Grant Additional EUR 7 M to Typhoon-Stricken Philippines
The European Commission will grant an extra EUR 7 M in humanitarian assistance to the Philippines for coping with the damage caused by the typhoon Haiyan.
Kristalina Georgieva, European Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response, pointed out that half of the money would go to immediate responsewhile the other half would be used for rehabilitation.
Georgieva, as cited by RIA Novosti, reminded that the European Commission had already allocated EUR 13 M in assistance for coping with the damage caused by the November 8 disaster.
She informed that EU Member States were also contributing an additional EUR 24 M and in-kind support.
She announced that some 100 tonnes of EU aid had been delivered to the disaster-stricken areas.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bomb Threats in 134 Schools in Serbia
- » Day 86 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky compares Situation in Donbas with "Real Hell", 1,700 Azovstal Troops Surrendered
- » UN: The War can lead to the Poverty of 90% of Ukrainians
- » Belarus Bans Orwell's 1984
- » Germany’s Chancellor Rejects Ukraine's Swift Entry into the EU - Deems it Unfair to the Balkans
- » Bush: The Invasion of Iraq was Brutal...I meant of Ukraine (VIDEO)