Bulgaria's Energy Ministry, Kozloduy Fund Sign 5 Grant Agreements
Bulgaria's Ministry of Economy and Energy and the donors of the Kozloduy International Decommissioning Support Fund signed five new grant agreements worth over EUR 85 M in London.
The Fund disburses additional financial assistance of nearly EUR 35 M for new machines which will boost the capacity of the Maritsa Iztok Mines and for the upgrade and expansion of the central dispatching unit of the Electricity System Operator (ESO), according to the press office of the Ministry.
Agreement in principle was reached for supporting the energy efficiency fund and renewable energy sources, as well as for building gas transmission networks with automatic stations to the towns of Svishtov, Panagyurishte, Pirdop, Bansko, and Razlog.
Two grant agreements for the rehabilitation of the Belmeken – Sestrimo – Chaira hydro power complex were also signed.
The remaining sum of nearly EUR 51 M will go to paying the workers participating in the decommissioning activities at the Kozloduy nuclear power plant in the period 2014-2016.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europe: The Conditions for a Cold Winter with High Gas Prices are Set
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas Price could Rise by about 3% in December
- » Five Neighborhoods in Sofia Without Heating and Hot Water until Tomorrow Night
- » Bulgaria: Additional Financial Assistance for Heating will be Provided
- » China is Increasing Coal Production. Calls on the Population to Stock Up on Food
- » Fuel Prices will Rise More by the End of the Year