Top Bulgarian Ex Liberal MP Summoned for Interrogation
Former liberal lawmaker Hristo Biserov is summoned to appear Friday in the Interrogation Office of the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
As Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov announced Thursday, it is also expected that the Prosecution will officially indict the former Deputy Speaker of Parliament for financial and tax crimes on Friday.
Biserov faces charges of money laundering and false tax declaration.
At the beginning of the month, Biserov surprisingly resigned from his post as Deputy Speaker of Parliament and the liberal predominantly ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Later, the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office initiated a probe against him for alleged financial and tax crimes.
It is believed that foreign special services notified the Bulgarian State Agency for National Security (DANS) over suspicious transactions from Biserov's Swiss bank account to his stepson Ivaylo Glavnikov in Macedonia.
Initial reports suggested Biserov had fled the country to Italy, but on Wednesday he was seen outside his home in Sofia.
The Biserov case flared heated debates in Parliament and further exacerbated the negative sentiments among the anti-government protesters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison