2 New Alleged Hatred Attacks Reported in Bulgarian Capital
Two people have been injured in the Bulgarian capital Sofia overnight after being severely beaten near a large shopping center.
bTV reported Wednesday morning that the incidents happened around 9 pm on Alexander Stamboliyski boulevard near Mall of Sofia.
A man from Iraq with Bulgarian citizenship is one of the victims. The police are still searching for the perpetrators.
The man sustained head injuries. Passerby called an ambulance.
Just meters away and some minutes later, a young man was attacked. According to eyewitnesses, the attackers were the same and the second victim was Roma. The Interior Ministry has confirmed the incidents.
"They came from the tram. They were skinheads. Skinheads beat people," a witness told bTV reporters.
The injuries of the two are not serious. They have been treated at the hospital and later released.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search