Xenophobia Ruins Bulgaria’Reputation–President, PM Joint Statement
‘Pseudo-Nationalism’ destroys society from within, say Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev and Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski in a joint statement issued on Tuesday.
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev and Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski have issued a joint declaration condemning recent xenophobic and ‘pseudo-nationalist’ attitudes in Bulgarian society and politics.
“Xenophobia and pseudo-nationalism destroy our society from within and could damage Bulgaria’s European image and reputation”, stated the Bulgarian PM and the President in their joint declaration.
The Bulgarian people should express its typical tolerance and solidarity towards those people in danger who have entered the country in order to escape from the devastating civil war in Syria, said PM Oresharski and President Plevneliev in their joint message.
Recent cases of hate crime, the calls for the expulsion of the refugees and the imposing of hatred and intolerance in the Bulgarian society are dangerous and unacceptable actions that must be condemned firmly, declared the Prime Minister and the President.
The refugees are people in need of help and protection and the Bulgarian society should demonstrate its humanity towards them, pointed out the President and the Prime Minister of Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend