Japanese Film Sheds Light on Bulgaria's Thracian Past
The Japanese Travel Channel has made a film about famous sites in Bulgaria's Haskovo region.
The focus falls on the statue of the Virgin Mary in Haskovo, as well as the Alexandrovo Tomb and the Museum of Тhracian Art in the Eastern Rhodopes.
The Museum has been built with a grant of nearly USD 3 M from the Japanese government, and opened in 2009 by Prince Akishino.
The Alexandrovo Tomb is among the 100 National Tourist Sites of Bulgaria, and a candidate for the UNESCO World Heritage List.
The film will be aired in Japan starting March 2014. Travel Channel has over 15 million viewers across the country.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?