China, Vietnam Spared Philippine Typhoon Fate
The typhoon Haiyan, which left over 10 000 people dead in the Philippines, has passed through Vietnam and Southern China, with considerably lower strength.
One person has been reported dead and 7 missing on China's Hainan island, reports Euronews.
In Vietnam, the casualties are at least 10. The country was fairly well-prepared for the storm, having evacuated 650 000 people during the weekend.
The typhoon has been downgraded to a tropical low-pressure storm, and the wind speeds have decreased considerably.
The main danger for China and Vietnam at the moment are the heavy rainfalls, floods and mudslides.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 648 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians Killed Two Ukrainian Soldiers Who Tried to Surrender
- » EU Commissioner Asserts Rigorous Criteria for Bulgaria’s Eurozone Entry
- » US Returns to the Moon: Private Mission Marks Lunar Exploration Leap
- » Israel Pulled Negotiators Out of Qatar and Struck Gaza
- » Day 647 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Israel-Hamas Conflict Threatens to Overshadow the War
- » Schengen Decision for Bulgaria: Awaited Call Delayed Again