Bulgarian Prison Guards Stage Protest Rally Too
Bulgarian prison and detention staff are staging a protest rally Saturday under the slogan "Come with Us."
They will gather in Sofia before the Justice Department headquarters. The rally comes on the heels of a series of protests in the country, namely in Sliven, Burgas, Bobov Dol, Varna, Plovdiv, Vratsa and Lovech.
The protesters are demanding wage indexation, aligning the level of social benefits with those of other employees in sector "Security" (Ministry of Interior) and improvement of work conditions.
The protest begins at 1 pm. Sofia City Hall has announced traffic changes prompted by the rally.
Stopping and parking is banned from 11 am to 6 pm on "Macedonia" square between "Hristo Botev" boulevard and "Ruski Pametnik (Russian monument), and from noon to 5 pm along "Slavianska" street, between "Georgi Benkovski" street and "Dyakon Ignatyi" (Deacon Ignatius) street.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 231 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly Morning, Warm Afternoon
- » Bulgaria: The Monument to the Soviet Army in Sofia was Wrapped
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 238 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Wind is Weakening, Rain possible in the Southeastern Regions
- » Bulgaria: Car with 17 Migrants collided with a Taxi in Sofia