Bulgarian Students To Stage 'March Of Justice' on 10 November
Protesting Bulgarian college students are organizing a mass march on Sunday, November 10, the day that marks 24th anniversary of the end of communism in Bulgaria.
The rally under the slogan "Protest, Occupy, Strike” for a better life in Bulgaria is scheduled for 11:00am and will depart from the steps of the main entrance of the building of the University of Sofia.
Declaration that calls for support of the march on November 10th has been published in various social networks on Friday.
The date chosen by the protesting students for the forthcoming rally – 10 November is a significant one for the modern history of Bulgaria, it marks the 24th anniversary of the end of communism in the country.
On 10 November, 1989 Bulgarian Communist Party ousted from power long-time dictator Todor Zhivkov, which led to the crumbling of the communist regime in Bulgaria only a day after the fall of the Berlin Wall (09 November).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Public Transport in Sofia will Not Stop Tomorrow but there will be Heavy Traffic due to Protests
- » Are Your Passwords Safe?
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 362 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Eurovision: The 12 Points from Romania to Moldova actually went to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria: The Relocation of Ukrainian Refugees to Departmental Accommodations has Begun