Bulgarian Socialists Condemn Painting of Monument
The Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) condemned Thursday morning's desecration of the monument in front of the party headquarters in Sofia.
Six people were arrested in connection with the pink-blue paintings over a monument on Pozitano Street, in front of the BSP central office. One message read "BCP (Bulgarian Communist Party) Shame!".
Socialist MP Anton Kutev was adamant that such a form of protest in unacceptable.
"We must react as a society. This monument is a cultural heritage", commented Kutev.
This is not the first case of a painted monument. The Soviet Army Monument in Sofia was desecrated on 2 occasions, when the soldiers were painted in pink. The incident had international resonance, since the Russian Embassy in Bulgaria was outraged.
The two lions in front of the Sofia Courthouse were also painted by protesters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Jump in Cases - 445 in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Even Windier Today
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 39 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Strong Winds in Three Regions
- » Nearly 2,000 infected with COVID-19 in Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn