Bulgarian Socialists Condemn Painting of Monument
The Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) condemned Thursday morning's desecration of the monument in front of the party headquarters in Sofia.
Six people were arrested in connection with the pink-blue paintings over a monument on Pozitano Street, in front of the BSP central office. One message read "BCP (Bulgarian Communist Party) Shame!".
Socialist MP Anton Kutev was adamant that such a form of protest in unacceptable.
"We must react as a society. This monument is a cultural heritage", commented Kutev.
This is not the first case of a painted monument. The Soviet Army Monument in Sofia was desecrated on 2 occasions, when the soldiers were painted in pink. The incident had international resonance, since the Russian Embassy in Bulgaria was outraged.
The two lions in front of the Sofia Courthouse were also painted by protesters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Number of Students Willing to Study Abroad Dwindling - Bulgarian Education Ministry
- » The Economist Demands Resignaion of Kristalina Georgieva as Head of the IMF
- » Five Climbers Die in Elbrus, Europe's Highest Peak in Russian Caucasus
- » EU Common e-device Chargers - Make It or Break It
- » The Situation with COVID-19 in the Balkans
- » Prof. Vitanov Sends New Alarm: Universe May Be Drowned in Our Tears