Ex-Burgas Court Chair Imprisoned for Fraud
The Sofia City Court sentenced a former Chair of the Burgas Administrative Court to 3 years and 6 months in prison for fraud.
Atanas Vulkov was found guilty of using false documents to prove the inheritance of 12 acres of land near Nessebar. Subsequently, he used the same documents to sell the land for EUR 2.2 M, reports the daily Trud.
The former head of the Burgas Court was arrested in the spring of 2011.
Initially, Vulkov's sentence was to be 2 years and 9 months, but was later increased on accusations of undermining the judiciary's prestige.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Young Man was Found Dead in the center of Varna, a Murder has been Confirmed
- » Bulgarian Ruja Ignatova is in the Top 10 of the FBI's Most Wanted
- » After the First 13 - Three more Illegally Buried Bodies found near Bankya
- » Teenagers Attacked and Robbed a Postal Worker in Parvomai
- » Bulgaria: 16 Arrested in Smolyan region - Most of them were British Citizens
- » A Suspect of Terrorism has been Detained in Bulgaria at the Request of Norway