Ex-Burgas Court Chair Imprisoned for Fraud
The Sofia City Court sentenced a former Chair of the Burgas Administrative Court to 3 years and 6 months in prison for fraud.
Atanas Vulkov was found guilty of using false documents to prove the inheritance of 12 acres of land near Nessebar. Subsequently, he used the same documents to sell the land for EUR 2.2 M, reports the daily Trud.
The former head of the Burgas Court was arrested in the spring of 2011.
Initially, Vulkov's sentence was to be 2 years and 9 months, but was later increased on accusations of undermining the judiciary's prestige.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa
- » Bulgaria: Illegal Migrants are detained near Vladaya after a Chase with the Police