Campaign Against Xenophobia In Bulgaria Begins In Facebook
Social network campaign calls out for Bulgarians to “light a candle for humanity” on Tuesday evening as a symbolic act against “rising xenophobia” in the country.
“If you believe that love is stronger than hatred, please light a candle at your home window at 20:30h on Tuesday night, or at “Sveta Nedelya Square”, says a posting of the “Candle for humanity” facebook page.
“This is an act against the rising xenophobia in Bulgaria”, says the message, adding that “hatred is never a solution of problems, but worsens them”.
The initiative has been started by “a group of journalists, bloggers and friends”, according to information available at the facebook page of the campaign.
The campaign has gathered an online support of about 1000 people as of Tuesday afternoon.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19: 42 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Car-Crash with Two Dead on the road Ruse-Byala
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 84 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: New Bomb Threats sent to Schools in Sofia - Author says he is a Russian Nationalist
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 108 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for significant Thunderstorms and Hail Conditions in 5 areas