Syrian Refugee Assaulted in Bulgarian Capital
A seventeen–year-old Syrian refugee has been attacked with a knife in Voenna Rampa (Military Ramp) district in the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
The press office of the Interior Ministry reports the call for the incident was placed shortly before 10 pm Monday evening. The young man has non-life threatening wounds and was admitted in the "Pirogov" emergency hospital.
The incident occurred 50 meters away from the refugee shelter in "Military Ramp." According to eyewitnesses, two men, who spoke Bulgarian, stopped their car while the young refugee was walking back to the shelter and attacked him.
The police are investigating and searching for the perpetrators. The motives for the attack remain unclear.
Nova TV reports that the mother of the young Syrian is also accommodated at the shelter.
Speaking live on bTV Tuesday morning, the Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov, said the victim was beaten with fists and kicks, but was not stabbed and had only a "cut."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search