Syrian Refugee Assaulted in Bulgarian Capital
A seventeen–year-old Syrian refugee has been attacked with a knife in Voenna Rampa (Military Ramp) district in the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
The press office of the Interior Ministry reports the call for the incident was placed shortly before 10 pm Monday evening. The young man has non-life threatening wounds and was admitted in the "Pirogov" emergency hospital.
The incident occurred 50 meters away from the refugee shelter in "Military Ramp." According to eyewitnesses, two men, who spoke Bulgarian, stopped their car while the young refugee was walking back to the shelter and attacked him.
The police are investigating and searching for the perpetrators. The motives for the attack remain unclear.
Nova TV reports that the mother of the young Syrian is also accommodated at the shelter.
Speaking live on bTV Tuesday morning, the Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov, said the victim was beaten with fists and kicks, but was not stabbed and had only a "cut."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo