Heroin Trafficking Channel from Turkey to Bulgaria Intercepted
A ticket collector on an international train was caught with 5kg of heroin, according to the press office of Bulgaria's Interior.
The police operation was conducted under the supervision of the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office.
37-year-old K.S., a ticket collector on the international train Sofia-Istanbul, was arrested in the region of the Central Railway Station in Sofia after coming back from the roundtrip to Turkey.
During an inspection of his luggage, ten packs of yellow powdery substance wrapped in duct tape were found.
The tests showed that the substance was high-purity heroin.
The packs of drugs weighed a total of around 5 kg.
Police seized ammunition for firearms and hunting weapons, an air rifle, and an unregistered air gun and gas gun were seized from the home of K.S.
The operation of the Transport Police Directorate of the Interior was implemented as part of an investigation on a tip-off about a heroin trafficking channel.
Pre-trial proceedings were opened into the matter and the materials were presented to the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office.
K.S was declared a defendant charged with a crime under Article 354, Para 2 of the Penal Code and was detained for 72 hours.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 81 Illegal Migrants were Detained in Bulgaria in One Day
- » Bulgaria: Mass Poisoning of Dogs and Cats in a Plovdiv village
- » Three People have been Detained in Bulgaria for Illegal Funding from the EU
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed