Heroin Trafficking Channel from Turkey to Bulgaria Intercepted
A ticket collector on an international train was caught with 5kg of heroin, according to the press office of Bulgaria's Interior.
The police operation was conducted under the supervision of the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office.
37-year-old K.S., a ticket collector on the international train Sofia-Istanbul, was arrested in the region of the Central Railway Station in Sofia after coming back from the roundtrip to Turkey.
During an inspection of his luggage, ten packs of yellow powdery substance wrapped in duct tape were found.
The tests showed that the substance was high-purity heroin.
The packs of drugs weighed a total of around 5 kg.
Police seized ammunition for firearms and hunting weapons, an air rifle, and an unregistered air gun and gas gun were seized from the home of K.S.
The operation of the Transport Police Directorate of the Interior was implemented as part of an investigation on a tip-off about a heroin trafficking channel.
Pre-trial proceedings were opened into the matter and the materials were presented to the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office.
K.S was declared a defendant charged with a crime under Article 354, Para 2 of the Penal Code and was detained for 72 hours.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison