Birmingham Airport Evacuated over Bomb Warning
The main terminal at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport in Alabama was briefly evacuated Sunday after a note was found warning of a bomb, officials said.
The evacuation was prompted by a note found in the men's bathroom at about 4 p.m. local time (5 p.m. ET), said Toni Bast, an airport spokeswoman.
The evacuation forced about 12 flights to be either diverted or delayed, Bast said.
The "all clear" was given shortly after 6 p.m. (7 p.m. ET), she said.
The evacuation comes just days after a gunman opened fire in the Los Angeles International Airport, killing a TSA officer and wounding three other people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Scholz: Russia will Not Win its War in Ukraine
- » Day 92 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia Attacked 40 Cities in Donbas, Kyiv Criticizes NATO
- » Poroshenko urges Bulgaria to Close Ports for Russian Ships and Calls for Arbitration over Gazprom
- » Latvia: If Ukraine Loses, We are Next
- » Ukraine will Not Make Territorial Concessions in the Name of Peace with Russia
- » The EC is Proposing to Confiscate the Assets of Violators of EU Sanctions