Kosovo Votes on Crucial Municipal Elections
People in Kosovo are going out to the polls for municipal elections seen as a test for the future of the entity.
Those are the first elections in Kosovo since the important agreement between Pristina and Belgrade on normalization of relations.
The elections are seen as important insofar as they are the first ones in which the ethnic Serb minority, concentrated largely in northern Kosovo, are expected to vote.
A Serb boycott of the election would be seen as boding ill for the future of Kosovo as a country.
As part of the April agreement brokered in Brussels, Serbia refused to recognize the independence of its breakaway province, but called on ethnic Serbs there to vote in local elections.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EC is Proposing to Confiscate the Assets of Violators of EU Sanctions
- » Soros: The War in Ukraine could be the Beginning of World War III
- » Will Bulgaria’s Prime Minister join the EU Liberals
- » Moscow: Sanctions should be Lifted to Avoid a Food Crisis
- » Day 91 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Separatists took over Settlements in Donetsk, Kyiv blew up Warehouse with 180 Russians inside
- » Orban will be able to Rule with Decrees due to the War in Ukraine