Halloween Invades Sofia Clubs
Sofia citizens are going out on Thursday night to celebrate Halloween, despite the fact that it is not a traditional Bulgarian holiday, rather an imported one that became quite popular in the country in recent years.
Halloween fans will have a large selection of events on Halloween night as it would be difficult to find a club in Sofia, which will not mark the special day.
Halloween is based on the ancient Celtic holiday 'All Hallows Eve', that marked the only day of the year when dead spirits were allowed to walk the earth.
Most celebrated in the US, Halloween has now spread its influence mainly as a commercialized event in many countries that did not celebrate it five or ten years ago, Bulgaria included.
- » Exhibition of Works by Bulgarian Artists Opened at the University in Istanbul
- » The Bulgarian National Museum of History Displays Rare Exhibits to Celebrate 140 Years of the Constituent Assembly
- » Exhibition for Michael Jackson in Bonn
- » Bulgaria will Participate in the Venice Bienniale with the Installation "How We Live"
- » BUZLUDZHA FEATURES IN NEW 'FRANKENSTEIN' OPERA
- » Ten Minutes of Applause for the Sofia Philharmonic in Shanghai