Sofia Policemen Protest Over New Patrol Routes
Around 40 policemen are protesting in front of Sofia's Third Police Department, against an order of the Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev.
The law enforcement officers are dissatisfied with the Interior Minster's plans to shift the patrol routes, which would mean they will have to make rounds in new areas.
The Chief Secretary of the Interior Ministry, Svetlozar Lazarov, has arrived at the scene to talk with the protesting policemen, reports mediapool.bg.
Similar protests will take place in front of other police units in the capital.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend